No Smoking Day
2,640 members31,358 posts

Day six and house is spotless!

Hi all,

Well, yesterday was a revelation. I felt awful, and ended up going to bed fairly early. But no matter how much lavender mist I sprayed on my pillow, I just couldn't get to sleep. I could actually feel the nicotine rise from my pores like a thin vapour and for the first time in years, I felt energised and full of beans!

I finally gave up on trying to get to sleep at 1am and got loads of housework done till about 4am, then i woke back up at 8.30am and didn't stop until early afternoon. The house is spotless. Yes. I know, I'm a little mad.

I am pretty amazed I am still up at this hour, bearing in mind. I normally need LOTS of sleep or I get pretty grumpy! So anyway, today hasn't been as bad as yesterday. Didn't feel sick, didn't feel tired, although i did have a few cravings though I just acknowledged them and let them go.

Around 11am was probably the toughest time, I got a little weepy and felt sorry for myself, then realised that I hadn't had any breakfast which was pretty stupid really. A slice of toast and a cup of coffee made everything so much better.

Amazing. So I'm still here. Nearly a week now and in theory i should be completely nicotine free by tomorrow. Whoop, whoop!

x

Nik

3 Replies
oldestnewest

What a brilliant post, I love this!

Well done Nik, you're doing fab :D

Keep it up, stay strong

Molly x

Well done Nik, your doing a great job! Your sooo brave going cold turkey! Good on u. Keep us posted...

Ps do you want to come and clean my house lol

Nik......any chance of you doing my house.......I did vaccum the house earlier when I had a twitch......and saw the state of the skirting boards.......I have a job on my hands to sort them out......

Well done for staying smoke free.....

You may also like...