No Smoking Day
2,584 members31,315 posts

And then I woke up!

On Friday night/Saturday morning I had the most vivid dream that I smoked a cigarette. The disappointment in myself and devestation that I'd have to go back to day 1 were so real and stayed with me until I was properly awake and realised it was just a really vivid very real feeling dream. I lay there for about a minute after I woke up with all those feelings of failure washing over me... you can imagine my relief and delight when the realisation that it was a dream and I hadn't really had a fag at all.

:)

7 Replies
oldestnewest

On Friday night/Saturday morning I had the most vivid dream that I smoked a cigarette. The disappointment in myself and devestation that I'd have to go back to day 1 were so real and stayed with me until I was properly awake and realised it was just a really vivid very real feeling dream. I lay there for about a minute after I woke up with all those feelings of failure washing over me... you can imagine my relief and delight when the realisation that it was a dream and I hadn't really had a fag at all.

:)

I have had those dreams Lauren, I know exactly how you felt. Such a relief when you realise it was just a dream. This means you really want to quit. x:)

Hooooray!!!

I had one like that! I know exactly where your coming from! Its such a buzz when you wake up and all is well isn't it?

The Nicodemon taking a stroll aroung the sleepin subconcious... wiley wee bogger!

Glad it was all a dream! gO YOU! :D X

Jeepers, its like Freddie Kruger! run awaaaaaaay !!!!

How weird... i had the same dream but in my dream I loved the 2 cigs i smoked... but then i was trying to stop again and could not overcome the fear of failure having to start again 6 weeks wasted.... then i woke up at sh1t o clock for most that was 5.50am lol

the dreams do stir up some really strong emotions at the start i would wake up actually crying but as time goes on they get less a less

then you start dreaming about grilling a slab of chocolate like i did last night lol strange

boo

the dreams do stir up some really strong emotions at the start i would wake up actually crying but as time goes on they get less a less

then you start dreaming about grilling a slab of chocolate like i did last night lol strange

boo

Mmmmm grillling a slab of chocolate.... melted chocolate... Mmmmm... god that sounds good.... anti smoking munchy attack? Hell yeah! xx

I've just woken up from my "read" absolutely dragging the guts out of a cig. It was the third time I've had this dream, but this one was the most intense. I was so upset with myself, then it eventually dawned on me I was still in bed so I must have been dreaming. Sheesh how real it was.

You may also like...