No Smoking Day
2,567 members31,304 posts

Double Figures

If anyone had told me a month ago that I'd have stopped smoking for 10 days I'd have though they were barking. I would not be at this point without this forum - this has been the only difference from my prior, well meant quits.

Last couple of days have felt as if the addiction has been going through a last ditch attempt to get my attention: really strong naggy cravings - more for the ritual than the fag. Coffee is still a toughie particularly as it is my profession and I need to keep on top of it, but hey-ho.

thanks all:D

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done, you're doing great. I opted for the e-cig because of the ritual thing, but I'm hardly using it. I don't grab it every time I walk the dog, after every meal or just because I have a break as I would have done with a cigarette.

It's amazing how quickly that feeling of needing a cigarette comes up, but then it can pass just as quickly if not focused on.

Keep up the good work.

Well done lovely!!!! thats smashing work!

Kepp it up

xx

If anyone had told me a month ago that I'd have stopped smoking for 10 days I'd have though they were barking. I would not be at this point without this forum - this has been the only difference from my prior, well meant quits.

Last couple of days have felt as if the addiction has been going through a last ditch attempt to get my attention: really strong naggy cravings - more for the ritual than the fag. Coffee is still a toughie particularly as it is my profession and I need to keep on top of it, but hey-ho.

thanks all:D

Hi York, really pleased for you. well done and keep it up you have made the best decision of your life and soon you will feel great I promise!:)

Thanks all - encouragement is a great help x

Its the blinkin' smoking reaper hanging on to you for dear life. I like to think of every craving i beat being like a sucker punch to ther reaper that nearly knocks his head off. A bit like the final boss on video games - you know, the ones you have to hit/shoot thousands of times before they die.... keep punching and eventually he will die and be gone.

game over.

You may also like...