Double Figures

If anyone had told me a month ago that I'd have stopped smoking for 10 days I'd have though they were barking. I would not be at this point without this forum - this has been the only difference from my prior, well meant quits.

Last couple of days have felt as if the addiction has been going through a last ditch attempt to get my attention: really strong naggy cravings - more for the ritual than the fag. Coffee is still a toughie particularly as it is my profession and I need to keep on top of it, but hey-ho.

thanks all:D

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, you're doing great. I opted for the e-cig because of the ritual thing, but I'm hardly using it. I don't grab it every time I walk the dog, after every meal or just because I have a break as I would have done with a cigarette.

It's amazing how quickly that feeling of needing a cigarette comes up, but then it can pass just as quickly if not focused on.

Keep up the good work.

• Well done lovely!!!! thats smashing work!

Kepp it up

xx

• If anyone had told me a month ago that I'd have stopped smoking for 10 days I'd have though they were barking. I would not be at this point without this forum - this has been the only difference from my prior, well meant quits.

Last couple of days have felt as if the addiction has been going through a last ditch attempt to get my attention: really strong naggy cravings - more for the ritual than the fag. Coffee is still a toughie particularly as it is my profession and I need to keep on top of it, but hey-ho.

thanks all:D

Hi York, really pleased for you. well done and keep it up you have made the best decision of your life and soon you will feel great I promise!:)

• Thanks all - encouragement is a great help x

• Last couple of days have felt as if the addiction has been going through a last ditch attempt to get my attention: really strong naggy cravings - more for the ritual than the fag. Coffee is still a toughie particularly as it is my profession and I need to keep on top of it, but hey-ho.

Its the blinkin' smoking reaper hanging on to you for dear life. I like to think of every craving i beat being like a sucker punch to ther reaper that nearly knocks his head off. A bit like the final boss on video games - you know, the ones you have to hit/shoot thousands of times before they die.... keep punching and eventually he will die and be gone.

game over.

You may also like...