It's like I won the lottery!

Okay, I played the Mega Millions last night, and invested $20. I "won" back about $6.

But right now, I feel like I WON the lottery, because I haven't smoked for 17 days, and 17 hours.

Maybe that doesn't make me rich, but it sure does make my life SOOOOO much better!

At this point, I get a little craving every so often, but it's nothing I can't handle. I've got my guard up against the Big Crave, and I'm taking nothing for granted. That said, I'm allowing myself to just squeeze myself with delight at my success so far.

A friend visited my apartment (my "flat," for you Brits!) today. I asked her how it smelled. She said it was completely okay and didn't stink of cigarettes! Yay!

I feel like I'm walking out of a dark passage through the woods, and into the sunlight of a beautiful meadow.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm delighted you feel good and it's great news you feel confident about your quit. It was only a few days ago you were struggling. Long way to go yet but keep up the good work.

• I'm delighted you feel good and it's great news you feel confident about your quit. It was only a few days ago you were struggling. Long way to go yet but keep up the good work.

Yeah, I think it was day 11 or 12 that was a beast! But I got through that, and it got a little easier the next day, and the day after that, and so on.

I know I'm not out of the woods whatsoever. That said, I'm almost in shock that I've been able to go for nearly 18 days now without a cigarette.

This is me we're talking about. 18 days? Whoa! ! !

• 18 days breathing clean... Looks good on ya! Congrats on another day! Take care DGee.

• Hey DGee,

I think it was day 11 or 12 that was a beast!

It was day 13 and 14 that was a beast for me and I could have murdered a smoke or several. But isn't it great when we come through these feelings :D. Lol we won the battle and we can win the war :D.

Zoe xx

• Well done Dgee :D

your doing so well :)

• Okay, I played the Mega Millions last night, and invested $20. I "won" back about $6.

haha I think you, me, and the rest of the country all played.... bought 3 tickets and my little one was near tears when she realized we wouldn't be going to Hawaii, Africa, China.......... 640 million jack pot... ah well :)

Congrats on your 18 days!

You may also like...