8 Calendar Months and shifted some tonnage

Eight calendar months as of yesterday, quit on 19th July 2011, I have managed to put on 12 pounds and subsequently lost 9 pounds, so I am 3 pounds above my quitting weight. No doubt it is getting easier and easier, I seem to have finally passed the point I was searching, I was disappointed at six months that I wasn't there but perserverance is paying off. Smoking is now insignificant to me (I never thought I'd say that) and such a stupid and senseless thing to do.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Pete the weight is a big issue for me. I don't want to put any on :eek:. Diet will start when I am slightly stable in my quit. :D

• Personally I think putting on a few pounds compared to continue smoking is a no brainer and should not be worried about too much, address one thing at a time. I have previously quit smoking, gone on a diet, joined a gym and fell flat on my face as it was too much at once!!!! :)

• Weight Loss

Dottie,

It is a struggle and it has taken me 8 months until I am comfortable, but I reckon somewhere between 7 and 8 months, I reached a freedom point, where I knew I had finally nailed it. Trust me at 6 months I thought that it was going to be hell forever............not the case, freedom belongs to me after 30 years of heavy smoking, good luck with the quit and keep the faith

• Well don e Pete, so there is hope. im 5.5 mths quit and my weight has increased equivalent to 7 new born babies. its beginning to shift with effort and thanks to your post now looking forward to getting a smoking thought free life.

Mashx

You may also like...