No Smoking Day
2,841 members31,483 posts

Day 2

Well I've made it through day 1 and am now into day 2.

It hasn't been that hard, as I quit on 6 Jan for two weeks and then started up again for a few days, so I think I kind of broke the routine of smoking last quit. Don't get me wrong I still think about smoking nearly all the time, but it's not so much of fight with myself not to have one this time. I think I'm more worried about the two week mark. I think at the start of my quits I'm very determined but by week 2 I kind of lose that full on desire to quit. Probably just my mind playing games on me.

I find when I quit smoking I get extremely tired. I often wake through the night but can quite easily go back to sleep, I think if I let myself I could also sleep all day!!! I don't think it would make a difference how much I slept through the night, I'd still be tired. Does anyone get that??

I was meant to head out today for Australia Day, lots of grog usually today, but I think I'll just stay home and away from the partying, because I think as soon as a drop of wine hits my lips I'd kill for a ciggy.

Think I might spend the day cleaning (hmm not very appealing - but if it keeps my mind of smoking it'll do)

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done Vic.

Have you written down your reasons for quitting? This can be really powerful to strengthen your motivation when you are having a wobble.

Feeling tired and thinking about smoking all the time are both normal, so nothing to worry about. If you can find a way to break through that two week barrier, you will see that these things sort themselves out over time.

Good luck

Thanks for your support Mrs T, haven't written down my reasons for quitting but I think I might and keep them handy!! If i can get past the 2 week mark I think I'll be laughing, should just lock myself away and throw the key away for 2 weeks!!

Well I'm now at the end of day 2, house is sparkling and I attempted to make creme caramels - they tasted awful :o) oh well maybe I'll replace my time of smoking with cooking (I'm a bit of a walking disaster in the kitchen!!)

Cravings today weren't to bad, using the patches, but man am I tired!!!

bring on day 3 feeling strong!!!

You may also like...