No Smoking Day
2,566 members31,303 posts

Elevator Goooing Up!!

On the gleaming corridor of the 22nd floor

I’m off into week 4 and I don’t smoke anymore

Today is day 21 in ”the nooer smoorkin’ hoose”, which means after one more sleep I will be posting from the one month forum. Can’t believe it!

To be honest week three has been a bit of a bas**rd but still standing.

To all the October 2011s already in there, move along and make some room and to those just behind, see you in a few days.

gtat

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Yeahhhhh C,mon GTAT!:D:D

How well are you doing! So, so proud of you, and thank you for all the support you have given to me.

Well done and keep it up.:D

Lillie xxx

PS....Fluffing up the sofa as we speak.

Thanks Lillie - we'll all get there if we stick together.

Last couple of days have been a lot better on the craving front but have been feeling v emotional - think it may be the Zyban

gtat

Zyban was originally developed as an anti depressant so just mention it to your doctor or quit nurse when you next see them.

Lillie x

Yeah I know - I asked for it specifically, I took it in 2001 and stopped for over 10months, I then caved in for reasons I won’t bore you with. But for the first few weeks while I took I was relatively fine.

I have since tried with Champix in 2008 and it seemed to have no effect at all, the whole quit was a disaster. So I thought I would try with Zyban again. In fact my quit counsellor is an ex-smoker (which is great) and he quit with Zyban.

Maybe it is what’s making me up and down, but then again maybe it isn’t - it is a common phenomenon it people trying to stop I believe.

To be honest I think I might just stop it all and see how I feel – I am convinced that 99.9% of all this is in our heads anyway and I am an emotional person – I used to cry at Little House on the Prairie!!

gtat

I can beat that - I've cried watching Countdown!

I'm going searching for posts that tell us that IT DOES GET EASIER.

I know it will, it's just that it doesn't feel like it sometimes!

Happy Friday everyone

Sue

Ill match your little house on the prairie and up you a lassie film lol.

Im beginning to agree that its all in our head as when Im busy I dont give smoking a 2nd thought.

Lillie xx

Lassie I can understand but Countdown Sue!!:eek:

I'll have three from the top Carol, 2 from the bottom and pack of tissues please

Still hangin' in there?

Anyway in good mood tonight, just been out with OH for quick drinkie with a friend who has just got a new job after over a year out of work.

... and Lillie - I am sure a lot is in the head. In the thread about cold turkey I put a post about my parents, who were both heavy smokers and how when they went into hospital they would happily not smoke for a week or 2 and then start straight back on 20 - 30 a day as soon as they came home.

I sat and sobbed watching Free Willy 2 this afternoon. My kids thought I was nuts!:rolleyes:

You may also like...