At 10pm tonight it will be one calendar month since I stopped smoking. To be honest I don't think I would have got here without you..so THANK YOU VERY MUCH, you're all wonderful
The benefits after one month...
(In no particular order)
1. Enormous sense of pride. Quitting smoking can be challenging and we're all facing it head on and dealing with it.
2. I can walk up stairs and hills without getting out of breath..yes! in 1 month!
3. Cough has gone completely
4. The skin on the back of my hands has become strangely smooth. Weird!
5. I smell like my perfume or me, not horrible stale smoke.
6. Could kiss a complete stranger at any time and not be embarrassed by my tobacco breath (Might come in useful!!)
7. My hair doesn't get frizzy because I have to go outside in the rain to the smoking shed...therefore look much nicer at work!!!
8. I used to do aerobics when I smoked and felt there was a point I couldn't go beyond (lack of lung power). Now I feel I could get as fit as I want to be.
9. It's fortunate I suppose that most of my friends, family and colleagues are non-smokers. I no longer feel like I am a weak, flawed, smelly, addicted person when I'm with them.
10. Quitting smoking is something I've wanted to do for the last 3 years and now I've done it and I'll never have to do it again!!! (Unless I chose to...which would be MADNESS!)
Loads of luck to everyone on their continuing quits.
(have smoked for 30 odd years, 10 - 15 per day, probably double that at weekends, roll-ups!)