Newbie here well I'm exactly an hour into quitting. Work nightshifts, so sleep pattern is up the chute.
Not been a smoker for very long, 4 years really on about 20 a day. Decided now that my other half has quit and is onto her second month its my time to start.
Reasons for quitting.
1. My Step Dad died back in 2000 and i don't want to go the same way, as seeing someone die of Lung Cancer at the age of 14 is something i do not want my kids when we have them to witness.
2. Since smoking, i have been skipping meals and leading a very unhealthy lifestyle, i used to be very fit and sporty. I will probably say that going from a healthy and muscular 12 stone to a skinny 9 stone 10 is due to the smoking.
3. I'm on two sets of drugs for serious Hypertension (High blood Pressure) worst it has been was 187/127
4. I hate the yellow staining on my fingers and the smell
5. I could spend the £120 a month on something worthwhile.
I have tried to give up once before, i lasted 6 weeks, i don't even know why i started again. I think it was more of a social thing and being bored.