No Smoking Day
2,656 members31,361 posts

My 10K!

Hey all,

Hope all is well. Did my 10K earlier today and it went great amanged to keep up a good pace all the way round and didnt stop. I didnt get a great time though, just over an hour, but thats because you could not run much quicker because of how many runners there were and the first K or two was nealry walking pace but expected because of how big an event it was. Was a great day and coming down the final strech was great with the crowd cheering eveyone on! Think Ill have to get singed up for a smaller 10k now to prove I can beat an hour! No way I could of done this if I was still smoking so I really proud of myself!

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done Dave that's brilliant, sounds like you've got the running bug now

Congratulations!!!

My husband, who has never run a meter in his life, did a 5k charity run a couple of weeks ago, and now there's no stopping him, he runs every day and is getting all these fancy running apps for his phone.

I'm full of admiration. Although I will not be emulating either of you :D

Great job. Well done to you.

xxx

congrats dave..i know how you have been working up to this for months..im so happy you have seen the benifits of your quit and all your hard work! :D

Well done Dave, really pleased for you. :D

Well done you!

Thats a great achievement. You should be so proud of yourself. It doesnt matter what time you did it in, as you said, you didn't really get a choice. But i bet it still felt great though. :D

I couldn't even imagine attempting that sort of distance. Big pat on the back!

Very well done Dave! One ot the many benefits of quitting. I joined a gym and loving it. A real buzz.

You may also like...