Made it!!

Not had the easiest few days, but here I am, Day 16 and still smoke free! :D

Was sorely tempted on Friday/Saturday though - actually got to the stage of picking up one of Hubby's fags on Friday night, and going through the motions (he was out, he'd never have known ;) )- didn't light it though, so I'm hoping that doesn't count!!

Then on Saturday, both my sisters were having a ciggie at regular intervals, while we were clearing out Mum's house - again, sorely tempted, but didn't succumb. Just tried to keep telling myself that me smoking wouldn't improve the situation one iota!

Had a job interview today - not as bad as the weekend, so feeling fairly good! :)

Well done everyone else who's quit while I've been away, and congratulations to all you Week 3-ers! :D

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Sarah, so pleased for you.

I know the weekend must have hard, but if you can get through that without smoking you can get through anything!

Fingers crossed for the interview!

• Not had the easiest few days, but here I am, Day 16 and still smoke free! :D

Was sorely tempted on Friday/Saturday though - actually got to the stage of picking up one of Hubby's fags on Friday night, and going through the motions (he was out, he'd never have known ;) )- didn't light it though, so I'm hoping that doesn't count!!

Then on Saturday, both my sisters were having a ciggie at regular intervals, while we were clearing out Mum's house - again, sorely tempted, but didn't succumb. Just tried to keep telling myself that me smoking wouldn't improve the situation one iota!

Had a job interview today - not as bad as the weekend, so feeling fairly good!

Well done everyone else who's quit while I've been away, and congratulations to all you Week 3-ers! :D

You know what Sarah??

It sounds to me that like it or not you are a non smoker now - get used to it ;)

• Sarah, that is AMAZING. You should be so completely proud of yourself for getting through such a tough weekend.

As John says... looks like you're a non smoker! Although just a word to the wise... this was a really obvious challenge, you still have to keep an eye out for those sneaky little 'oh I could just have one now' craves, that come along for no obvious reason. You wouldn't want to face down the weekend from hell and then give in to a stupid little niggle.

But I know you won't, because you are doing so SPECTACULARLY well.

Congratulations!

h

• You know what Sarah??

It sounds to me that like it or not you are a non smoker now - get used to it ;)

Now that really made me smile!! :D

Thanks all for the support - you certainly know how to make a girl feel good about herself! I was definitely in that horrible 3 week "I don't think I can be bothered any more" phase, which has been my downfall on previous quits - but how can I feel that way with such lovely friends on here to keep me going!

Thank you!!!! xxx

• Although just a word to the wise... this was a really obvious challenge, you still have to keep an eye out for those sneaky little 'oh I could just have one now' craves, that come along for no obvious reason. You wouldn't want to face down the weekend from hell and then give in to a stupid little niggle.

Having one of those as we speak! :mad: SOOO tempting, but I have no idea why!!!

You may also like...