dentist today

i have dentist in about an hour [which i hate and am scared of] as a smoker it was a good excuse to spend the morning chain smoking but today i feel calm and ok and extremely proud that i have got this far without stressing

i know they are gonna say i need a tooth out but i am gonna calmly request i be referred to the aneasetic clinic for it to be done if he starts arguing about referring me i will threaten him with the fact it that it will be HIS fault if i start smoking again and he has to refer me

will report back shortly

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I hope you have been and that the nasty man has allowed you to go see the anaesthetist, I am sure he has and that you didn’t have to threaten him with smoking again.

Well done you though for being so calm and not smoking even though you were scared.

I bet he knew by looking at your gums that you have stopped smoking, did he complement you on your quit.

• Jammie, Boo was seeing the dentist at the time of your post as she indicated...but by now all should be over and done - apart from shouting about dentists :(

It's a good point that Jammies mentions regarding the dentist and they too notice when a person has quit. Smoking masks gum disease and inhibits bleeding which would be the usual indication. Hopefully you'll not have any of those problems anyway ;)

Hope you manage to get through would could have been a stressful situation for you.

• Jammie, Boo was seeing the dentist at the time of your post as she indicated...but by now all should be over and done - apart from shouting about dentists :(

Think about it cav she said in her post she was seeing the dentist in about an hour, about the same time as I posted, thats right so she wouldnt see this post till she got back and I was asking her about the outcome of her visit not what she would do when she got their so dont understand your comments??????

Hope it went well any way Boo.

• hope all went well with your visit to the dentist......about 3 weeks into my quit i had to go to the hygienist for a clean and she said something derogatory about my smoking causing staining.....i told her i had been stopped for 3 weeks and she said ,,,oh yeah,,lets see if it lasts,,,,(bitch)....i went back 6 months later and she had to suck eggs as i was still a non smoker and my mouth was perfect,,,,,stick with the quit and make these people eat their words !!!

• Think about it cav she said in her post she was seeing the dentist in about an hour, about the same time as I posted, thats right so she wouldnt see this post till she got back and I was asking her about the outcome of her visit not what she would do when she got their so dont understand your comments??????

Nah, don't get that, Jammie...sorry :o

Hope it went well any way Boo.

I do get this though and echo it.

Or possibly she's still showing the dentist what's she's made in the manner of NS Andy. That post made me LOL...literally, nice one Andy :D

You may also like...