Well I was planning on waiting till day 40 to post a "how i feel so far" thread, but as I am away then, thought I would do it now!
Well the things I like:
1. Not having to sneak off outside for a fag every hour or so
2. Not worrying about the effect my smoking will have on son (both healthwise and in terms of in the future when he is confronted by smoking being 'cool')
3. Exercise is MUCH easier
4. Knowing there is at least something I am doing to make my family proud (even if I had to do something they hated to get there!).
5. More money to pay bills and treat little one
6. Not having to worry that I stink (well of cigs at any rate!)
7. Realizing that smoking in many circumstances was the CAUSE of my stress, or certainly exacerbated it. I am SO much calmer 99% of the time and it actually is quite embarrassing and humiliating to know I caused myself and those I cared about so much unnecessary aggravation under the misguided belief it was helping!
8. Just the general feeling that I have accomplished something for myself this year.
What I dislike:
1. The weight gain, but this has also in one respect been a benefit as I am eating healthier and exercising more post-quit because I was getting even fatter!
2. The return of asthma and allergies. These were always there, and I am hoping to figure it out soon. Despite their return, my breathing is better when exercising, and I think I recover from colds better, so you win some you lose some!
I thinks the positives win!
I have been quit for 1 Month, 1 Week, 21 hours, 16 minutes and 58 seconds (38 days). I have saved £246.92 by not smoking 777 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days, 16 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 21/10/2010 23:00