A new joiner on Day 19

Hello everybody, I've just found this site as I am having a bad day and whenever that happens I type stuff like "benifits of stopping smoking" into Google.

I'm really pleased to have found it as I'm on day 19 and at the moment I feel off my head with desire for a smoke. I know that it is a physical desire and I WILL NOT give in but I am going CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, even writing that made me laugh and I feel better already.

Just so you know, I'm 44 and started at the age of 15/16 and since my 30s have been 20 plus a day and probably double that when I'm out with the "lads" for the weekend.

I am on 4mg lozengers and I think they have been brilliant, I don't care if there is a placebo effect, just as long as there is an effect.

By the end of tomorrow there will be an extra 600 Benson & Hedges in the world because I haven't smoked them.

Dom

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Stick with it Dom. I quit the same day as you and can't believe the up and down ride it has been. I am determined that this is going to be the last quit though and I now actually believe myself when I say that - YAY!:)

There is a group of us November quitters if you fancy visiting that

forum.nosmokingday.org.uk/g...

And loads of the threads in here are very helpful if you need a prod in the right direction. There is usually somebody around if you need to rant. Stay strong and smokefree. We can do it!

• As said above, stick with it. Although there are bad days or moments now, are they honestly as bad as the first few days, or when you had to make a long journey/spend a while without one whilst still a smoker?

Hopefully the answer is no, they are just bad compared to the way you were feeling a few days ago! Do you want to have to go through it all over again next time you decide to quit? No? Well then make there not have to be a next time! :D:D

School-marm Genes leaves the building!!!!

• School-marm Genes leaves the building!!!!

I am liking the strictness

Ermmmmm......I too feel like a ciggy?? ;)

• By the end of tomorrow there will be an extra 600 Benson & Hedges in the world because I haven't smoked them.

Dom

Evening Dom,

Welcome to the site and congrats on 19 days!!! Whoop whoop brilliant :D

Seeing the smokes you have NOT had mounting up, sure makes feel good doesn't it? and also think of the money you have saved too :)

This is a great place to be for tips and advice, so don't be stranger, even if you want to come and have rant... we will all be here for you!

Snowie xx

• Thanks

Hi everybody

I just wanted to say thanks for your support, yesterday afternoon at work was pretty tough.

Rather than catch the bus yesterday I walked home and I think it did me the world of good. I even went for a few pints with my smoking buddy of many years and I felt good about not popping out for a smoke every 30 minutes.

Today is day 20!

Thanks again everybody.

Dom

• Glad to hear everything is going ok Domo - keep with it!!!!

You may also like...