Wow 9 months today!!

Crikey, here I am again and 9 months quit to boot!!

Most of the time it feels completely normal not to smoke anymore, incredible after 25 years of smoking. I do still get the odd 'thought' that I'd like one, it's just the habit talking cos I have absolutely no need for nicotine anymore.

This last week I have been thinking about cigs a bit more, perhaps a bit of increased stress has brought that on. Throughout month 8 I really didnt think about it much at all. I am still really enjoying being at the gym and know that what I do now would not be possible if I smoked. So as I read someone else saying the other day..the gym wins over smoking anyday. Never underestimate the power of excercise, it has helped enormously with my low mood too.

I hope everyone else is doing well and as always to those new to quitting, the only way to get here is to take one day at a time and never take another puff. Amanda

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great post, Amanda, and congrats, too, sounds like you've got a very strong quit going, well done, almost a year for you!!

• Great stuff, Amanda

Lovin' the line, "...I have absolutely no need for nicotine anymore". :cool:

That comment if nothing else will see you waltzing through this last quarter of the year :)

• Well done Amanda , it sounds like you are in total charge of your quit and Nico demon has had his ass kicked big style ....good on ya :cool:

Exercise did it for me too and likewise if I was still a smoker I wouldn't be able to do what I can nowadays , :)

Last bit to do now before you get to the penthouse ....see you when you land.

Best wishes Trev

• Wow Amanda, 9 Months smoke free and sounding good, 3 months and you will be up into the Penthouse were the air is clear.

It does seem to become less of a drag the further down the road we go and the less we are obsessed with the thought of smoking, 6 months for me and occasionally I have the thought that I would quite like one but then it’s gone, so I can look forward to 9 months and having less thoughts I hope.

I am glad you have nearly reached the magic marker with such ease, so a big well done.

• Well done Amanda, great to see you still [osting it's good for the newbies to see too.

You're doing it, keep on keeping on!

• Amanda

Love it! Well done. And know what you mean about the gym.

See you in the Penthouse!

AG

• Thanks for all your support guys, it means a lot. I seriously couldnt have done without you all especially at the beginning. The information and support on this forum is priceless!

Amanda

You may also like...