30 days, a bad cold and a bad back

Hi everyone!

Today is my 30th day fagless. But thanks to February being conveniently short, It's also the second day of my month 2.

Since Tuesday I've had a terrible cold and have been off work yesterday and today. Also I've got a swimming-related back injury. Every time I sneeze or cough it makes my back hurt like hell. I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself.

So I thought, sod that, I'll go and post somewhere where people will appreciate the sense of achievement I have at reaching 30 days without a smoke. Accentuate the positives, as they say!

It feels wonderful to be leaving the smokes behind. That's what I want to focus on today - not my streaming nose, blocked ears, sore throat or aching back!

See y'all soon!

Dave.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • aahh,

sorry to hear you're not feeling too great, but like you say think of the positives - a whole 30 days is a massive achievement, which you should be rightly proud of!!

And at least you're at home and not at work :rolleyes:

:)

• Hi Dave,

Huge well done for your 30 days :D

Sorry you are feeling under the weather but as Beccy says, you're not smoking & not at work. Gotta be a bonus :p

Seriously, hope you feel better soon & huge pat on the back to you. I am almost at my first month & so can't wait :D

Gaynor x

• Hi Dave,

Seriously, hope you feel better soon & huge pat on the back to you. I am almost at my first month & so can't wait :D

Gaynor x

Gaynor,

He's got a bad back:eek: Don't pat him that hard

Dave,

30 days today, well done you. Hope you feel better soon, darn colds always at the start of the weekend eh?:mad:

plus side, bet you don't even feel like having a smoke

• thanks

Thanks everyone. Positive feedback is excellent stuff to get. Got a smile on my face now.

And at least you're at home and not at work :rolleyes:

Good point - although my boss is going to be pissed off with me come Monday...!

I am almost at my first month & so can't wait

Congratulations to you too! I saw your "day 22" thread on my day 26 so you must be on day 26 today... right?

Gaynor,

He's got a bad back:eek: Don't pat him that hard

Lol!

By the way, did I mention that it also makes my back hurt when I laugh? :mad:

(Kidding... :p)

plus side, bet you don't even feel like having a smoke

True! I've been trying to ease off using the nicotine gum anyway, I'd never planned on using much beyond the first month. But I realised this morning that I'd gone the whole of yesterday without using any gum at all. Too busy coping with stuff leaking from nose to think about smoking!