Well as the title says its 5 months done!! (Well it will be on Sunday but I’ll be out enjoying myself!!)
When I sit and think about it – and I mean really think – I don’t quite believe it. I’ve been watching Celebrity Quitters – and it really has reinforced my quit watching them go through the trials and tribulations of trying to give up. However, my memories of the first week (and more) are not of being so animated as they are – in fact I just went into a deep slump – and slouched around all morose (and I’m not like that at all). I was also scared sh**less! This made me think of my quit 5 months on.
I think my dominant thought for so long was “Will this ever get better”. Well, and I’m probably repeating myself here from my more recent messages – it really really does!
Those times that, to me, have defined my quit are still so powerful to me – both the ups and downs:
• Week 4 - A massive surge in energy and an euphoric feeling (the first time I thought I can do this)
• Week 4 to end Month 4: the Emotions – crying at anything and everything.
• Month 3: the “depression” (certainly not the real thing – but a very difficult time)
• Late Month 3: Notice I’m not thinking about cigs and cravings are not bothering me – indeed they are happening less and less.
• Month 4: my biggest worry was always my concentration. In Month 4 it came back sharper than ever.
• Month 5: Got through Xmas. New Year and a Birthday – smoke free and more importantly not even bothered.
• Today, now: am typing this and find the Emotion coming back (I have a tear!) as I look back on what a journey this has so far been – and its not over yet! But I feel great, I am in pretty much a constant good mood (well give or take – but its normal) . My cravings are negligible – really weak little buggers that sneak up on me about 2 times a day – and are very easily swatted away. I really really do not want to smoke – at all – ever! The Milestone I’m now looking towards is:
• Month 12: THE PENTHOUSE!!!!
State of Play did a brilliant thing posting his 5 month message in the Day 1 room. I’m going to plagiarise that idea – but perhaps post it in some other rooms as well so newbies, or not so newbies, may be able to get some help and encouragement. I apologise if you get sick of seeing it!!
Cheers to all who have helped me on here. Hope you have a good weekend and I’ll message from the 6+ Months room.