Sweet!

Day 12 - weh hey nearly 2 weeks, that means I can climb up to another thread soon. Its the thing that keeps me going sometimes, but I suppose its the small things that matter.

Feeling bit better today, not crying as much as I was OH was very attentative last night so that made me feel wanted again. Slept a little better but think thats cos I am so exhausted at the moment that I could quite happily sleep at my desk.

Thank goodness its friday, another weekend starts here with me as a non smoker, something I never thought I would say.

I have a sweet taste in my mouth, is this usual? Is this maybe my taste buds trying to recover. Cant say I have noticed food tasting any different, mind you the amount I am eating may have something to do with it lol. :)

Back to slimming world next week now that I am a couple of weeks (nearly) into it, time to get back in shape. Tried to go for a run last night but still very much out of breathe. I keep reading how people have so much energy now and are able to do things they couldnt before, but then I suppose it affects people differently.

The kids have told me they want more bread this weekend, so I will bring some cakes in on Monday to go with all your morning coffee.

Have a great day everyone and heres to another day smoke free ;)

Jx

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done mate

I have a weird taste in my mouth too and I am still waiting for that mmmm when I eat something good. But the main thing is that we are winning and I am past my previous attempt now and I think it is this place that has kept me at it.

Keep strong Caroline

• Day 12 - weh hey nearly 2 weeks, that means I can climb up to another thread soon. Its the thing that keeps me going sometimes, but I suppose its the small things that matter.

Feeling bit better today, not crying as much as I was OH was very attentative last night so that made me feel wanted again. Slept a little better but think thats cos I am so exhausted at the moment that I could quite happily sleep at my desk.

Thank goodness its friday, another weekend starts here with me as a non smoker, something I never thought I would say.

I have a sweet taste in my mouth, is this usual? Is this maybe my taste buds trying to recover. Cant say I have noticed food tasting any different, mind you the amount I am eating may have something to do with it lol. :)

Back to slimming world next week now that I am a couple of weeks (nearly) into it, time to get back in shape. Tried to go for a run last night but still very much out of breathe. I keep reading how people have so much energy now and are able to do things they couldnt before, but then I suppose it affects people differently.

The kids have told me they want more bread this weekend, so I will bring some cakes in on Monday to go with all your morning coffee.

Have a great day everyone and heres to another day smoke free ;)

Jx

Hey Well Done Two Weeks thats brilliant.

Not sure about the sweet taste during my first couple of weeks my mouth was just dry so i guess different strokes for different flokes as they say. My body went throught different changes i found i could run no problem where as my sleep is bobbins for want of a better word, so that falling aslep at your desk i can sympathise with you. Have a great weekend sorry meant to say have a great smoke free weekend.:D

p.s doughnut would be nice with a brew yummmm

• This place is deff a winner, instead of my daily fix of smoking - which was slowly killing me, this has become my daily fix - which I know I dont have to ever give up.

I find its the first place I log onto in a morning and at night at home (when I can get to the computer after the 4 kids and OH) I am always looking.

Congratulations on passing your previous target Caroline, stay strong.

Jx

• This place is deff a winner, instead of my daily fix of smoking - which was slowly killing me, this has become my daily fix - which I know I dont have to ever give up.

I find its the first place I log onto in a morning and at night at home (when I can get to the computer after the 4 kids and OH) I am always looking.

Congratulations on passing your previous target Caroline, stay strong.

Jx

I agree younme

This forum and the people on here helped me numerous when i have had a rough day keep strong you can do this easily :)

• I have to say, I have a weird taste in my mouth today too, although thats probably got more to do with the Corsodyl I'm using for my pesky wisdom tooth

:mad:

• Hi younme,

Im not sure if my taste ever improved but my smell certainly did, especially smelling smelly old smokers!!!

I definately got the energy bug when I quit, but I also eat a lot of fruit and stuff like that (I also cramed in lots of sweets and crisps and junk in my first 6 weeks or so too).

Keep at it and I know things will improve for you.

Regarding the running, remember, if you have had a sedentary lifestyle for a while, it will take time to build up to running, smoker or not.

It might be advisable to start off on a beginners running program, which would recommend something like walking for the first couple of weeks and slowly building up to running/jogging .

Paul

• Hi J :D

great you got through that couple of tough days well done you and almost 2 weeks done for you now keep going

Love

Marg xx

You may also like...