Firstly I personally think that you need to be mind set and here are some tips to help you.
1) You need to want to stop/quit smoking for yourself not anyone else.
2) Read as much as you can about your addiction, as this will help you cope with withdrawal.
3) Join a forum and find people that are in the same boat as you.
4) Use what ever methods you think that will help you succeed.
5) Don't listen to anything negative about your quit/stopping smoking.
6) Prepare the family, friends and people around you that you intend on stopping/quitting.
7) Be pleased that you have made the best decision of your life.
8) Be confident about your decision
9) Remember that there will be good days /weeks but remember there will bad days/weeks
10) Very good luck with your mission to stop/quit smoking