What A Difference

:p My best friend came round for lunch we were laughing and making arrangements for our weekend break in Whitby. It was good to be able to have a laugh and I was not getting up and going for a quick fag like I used to. I never thought about it before but the smoking me would of left the table a couple of times to get a fix, and I must of come back smelling like an ashtray not nice. I never thought about smoking once not like the old me, who would not of been able to get through with out a fix. When my friend left she gave me the usual hug and told me she was really proud of me, which was the perfect end of our lunch together :cool: *hug* x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Dolly

That lovely its nice when you start to see the benifits of being free. i remember my friend in work she said you always smell of washing powder I was so pleased cos i dont smell like an ash tray anymore. Well done girl good for you.xxxxxxxx

• I agree

Yes Linda it is good and my own sense of smell is a lot better now I sometimes don't know weahter that's a good thing or not though lol. I think that when the majority of your friends don't smoke that is a big help too, most of them never have or they have given up, I hate saying that stopped, not given up anything stopped is a much better word. Thanks again *hug* x

• Nice post, Dolly! Those are the moments that keep me a non-smoker..... start collecting them and and you'll kill every crave that may come your way!!! Great job!!

• Living proof that things DO change...

:p My best friend came round for lunch we were laughing and making arrangements for our weekend break in Whitby. It was good to be able to have a laugh and I was not getting up and going for a quick fag like I used to. I never thought about it before but the smoking me would of left the table a couple of times to get a fix, and I must of come back smelling like an ashtray not nice. I never thought about smoking once not like the old me, who would not of been able to get through with out a fix. When my friend left she gave me the usual hug and told me she was really proud of me, which was the perfect end of our lunch together :cool: *hug* x

How lovely to hear this story. I have had similar experiences over the last few weeks and each time I have thought "that's another step taken". Whilst mowing the lawn the other morning after months of grow-age, I came across a pot I used to use, stuffed in the corner of the garden, for my ciggie butts. I nearly fell over when I saw just how many there were, mixed in with the rainfall over winter and a gloop of disgustingness! Just getting rid of it knocked me sick. This is one of them moments, the reality of it. I have my good and bad days, but think about the good moments on the bad days and things seem to fall into place. GOOD LUCK YOU!

You may also like...