No Smoking Day
2,847 members31,491 posts

Before & After

I think this is the best place to stick this....

Remember the rubbish about smoking easing stress…

I was in London yesterday for a meeting and my train from Cardiff was cancelled.

The upshot was I got a later train, grabbed a cab outside Paddington which dropped me off right on time outside my meeting. I finished my meeting, walked to the tube and got back into Paddington with the earlier train back to Wales sitting on the platform so on I jumped and home I came.

Between leaving Cardiff and getting back the only opportunity I would have had for a smoke would have been the short walk between meeting and tube where I might have managed to suck down a couple.

If I’d still been a smoker it would have been a VERY stressful day….

As it was it was wonderfully relaxing. :D

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Yep i'm with you on that one!!

I was more stressed trying to find a time and a place to smoke-a nightmare!:(

now i have stopped i am more relaxed and less stressed!!;)

Hi Austin

Well done for finding that relaxing oh boy the last time I was in London was years ago it was so stressful I have no wish to repeat the experience it was truly horrible but then I was still a smoker but still think I will just take your word for it

Margaret

Oh, yes!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I remember having to get one cigarette and a lighter at the ready for when you got off the train/plane/bus......didn't matter how late you were running, you STILL had to make time for a smoke.....oh, yuck! How disgusting were we? :eek:

Oh, yes!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I remember having to get one cigarette and a lighter at the ready for when you got off the train/plane/bus......didn't matter how late you were running, you STILL had to make time for a smoke.....oh, yuck! How disgusting were we? :eek:

I've got my first non-smoker trip planned next wek. I will be flying to London on Monday morning & be with clients all day, every day including dinner on Monday until I fly back on Wednesday night.

Normally this would have been very very stressful, we have company rules that state we must not drink or smoke with clients - even if they are doing so....

I would have been desperately trying to get away between meetings & changing for dinner on Monday night.

Thats not to mention I couldn't always stay in the closest approved hotel because they were completely non-smoking. My prefered hotel in Regent Street was that just because they still had 10 (out of about 200) smoking rooms!!!

Normally this would have been very very stressful, we have company rules that state we must not drink or smoke with clients - even if they are doing so....

I would have been desperately trying to get away between meetings & changing for dinner on Monday night.

That must of been a nightmare for you!! Thank goodness you dont have to go through that hell anymore!!

I think this is the best place to stick this....

Remember the rubbish about smoking easing stress…

I was in London yesterday for a meeting and my train from Cardiff was cancelled.

The upshot was I got a later train, grabbed a cab outside Paddington which dropped me off right on time outside my meeting. I finished my meeting, walked to the tube and got back into Paddington with the earlier train back to Wales sitting on the platform so on I jumped and home I came.

Between leaving Cardiff and getting back the only opportunity I would have had for a smoke would have been the short walk between meeting and tube where I might have managed to suck down a couple.

If I’d still been a smoker it would have been a VERY stressful day….

As it was it was wonderfully relaxing. :D

I am generally much less stressed now that I have quit, but in particular...

I regularly have to travel "oop norf" to my companies head office as part of my job. Normally this involves endless meetings for anywhere up to 5 days. Then of course a no smoking hotel, no smoking resaurants, no smoking pubs, no smoking every where. Oh, and of course most of my colleagues would be non-smokers. Evenings out with them were a pain, staying in the hotel was a pain.

It was a week of constant battling to try and make sure that I got enough nicotine to "survive"... stressful? much?

Now of course, I don't even have to think about it.

Live is so much easier as a non smoker :D

Well This morning my neice went into labour and I was one of her birthing partners. It was so lovely just to stay in the delivery room and not think of going out for a puff, Felt sorry for her partner he was back and fore like a yoyo. He was born at 1 15 boy 9 pound 6 oz mother and baby doing well. xxxxx

Thats wonderful news Linda :) Hope Mum and baby are doing well.

Dee

xx

Hi linda

Great news bet you are excited and Mum and babe both well

Love Marg

Though I never travelled for business I remember the aggravation when out anywhere of finding somewhere to smoke

Glad it is all behind me now

Marg

You may also like...