No Smoking Day
2,567 members31,304 posts

Early mornings

Hi again guys

I would like to share an experience. I am experiencing somthing weird at the moment and not to sure if its related to giving up smoking. I usualy like to sleep in the morning but for the last 3 -4 days i been waking up early even though i am not working at the moment so nothing to do really but just can't sleep in the morning, I dsleep really well at night tough.

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 19 hours, 1 minute and 57 seconds (20 days). I have saved £120.84 by not smoking 519 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 19 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 25/07/2008 02:09

Thanks

Ben

4 Replies
oldestnewest

That sounds normal to me,most people including myself,dont need as much sleep as when we smoked.........Good luck on your quit but dont worry about sleeping.

Hi Ben, that happened to me at the start of my quit, haven't a clue why it happened but just ride it out.

Also, like Mojo said above we seem to need less sleep as non-smokers. I wake before the alarm everyday now and for years it was a struggle to get up. Obviously caused by the slow clogging of all my cells and atreries. Bleurgh. I feel fab now, so stick with it ;)

Hi

Hi again guys

I would like to share an experience. I am experiencing somthing weird at the moment and not to sure if its related to giving up smoking. I usualy like to sleep in the morning but for the last 3 -4 days i been waking up early even though i am not working at the moment so nothing to do really but just can't sleep in the morning, I dsleep really well at night tough.

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 19 hours, 1 minute and 57 seconds (20 days). I have saved £120.84 by not smoking 519 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 19 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 25/07/2008 02:09

Thanks

Ben

Hi I quit on 24/07 2008.

Hi Ben,

I will be quit for 1 month 2moro, and I must admit, I have been waking up early in the morning - for example, I was awake at bout 4.30 this morning, and I could'nt get back 2 sleep - it was really frustrating. But as with everything else, I'm sure it will pass!!

Keep it up ben, 2 weeks is really good. WELL DONE:D

You may also like...