A day I never thought I'd see!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I've done it - one whole year without smoking. Of course it hasn't been easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is really is it?

I now find people who do smoke smell really awful! Their clothes, their homes, their breath..... hard to believe I used to just excuse that with a dismissive 'if you don't like it, you don't have to stand near me'!!

Health-wise I feel really quite good, although I did put about a stone in weight on, I've now joined Weightwatchers to try and shift it (if I can quit my 40+ a day habit, I'm damned sure I can loose a stone).

Sometimes I smell someone smoking and a fleeting thought of "mmmmm one won't hurt, will it?" crosses my mind, but I resist the urge. I know only too well that just one will be enough.

So, if you're reading this and thinking to yourself 'that will never be me', then think again - it can be you..... if anyone as weak-willed as me can give up smoking, then so can you!

5 Replies

• Wow!!!! Congrats!!

• Hi Shamley

Dont know if you remember me but congrats you are a star. Thanks for coming back to tell us you made it do you forget about them most of the time now. You should be really proud good for you. Love Linda

• Well done and thanks for posting! :)

You are indeed a star :D - We need some more people high up there n the penthouse, to encourage us relative newbies :)

Please continue to post occassionally, to remind us it is possible! :)

• Well done Shamley - keep in touch.

• Congratulations to you, and thanks for the encouragement!

Just another 50 weeks to go for me... ;)

I smoked my last cigarette 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 6 hours and 23 minutes ago. I have £157.11 that I haven't spent on 674 cigarettes and saved 2 Days, 8 hours and 10 minutes of my life.

You may also like...