Now into my second week and I feel really good now. Have to say it is really really worth it.
So many positives
- waking up refreshed .... not groggy at all
- no tightness in my chest anymore
- circulatory pains in arm gone completely
- Ran yesterday. Normally takes me 2 days to recover. Might go for another run today
- Food tastes so much better
- The smell of coffee is overpowering ... its really nice
- Can lift 2 yr old daughter up and carry her for ages without getting tired or sore
- Basically feel about 10 years younger
- Have saved about Â£30 so far. Will probably buy a bike in the next few weeks so can take daughter cycling at the weekends
- Face looks better
- Not always looking for cigs / matches / lighter / money when I leave the house
- Don't have to constantly leave work for a fag
- Still thinking about cigs but the cravings are getting less intense and less often
- As long as I am busy it is easy. At work its really easy.
- After dinner at night its a bit more difficult so I normally stock up on water and fruit. Also tend to go to bed earlier which can really help
Good luck everyone. Remember, it does get easier and is worth it. I've was smoking for over 20 years and this time I really feel that I can close that chapter of my life and enjoy a healthy stress free life from now on.