1) Spent the last 12 months thinking about quitting pretty much every day
2) Cut intake from 20 per day to 10 per day
3) Read Alan Carr's book - really useful
4) Started to jog and exercise again - 6 months ago
5) Started to see the physical effects that smoking was having on me now .... bad circulation, headaches, tiredness, etc.
6) Realised that the physical addiction to nicotine is nothing ... and it is nothing even after day 4)
My tips would include
1) Really really want to give up
2) Cut intake at least 4 weeks before you quit. People who smoke less are less addicted to nicotine .... and have a better chance of quitting. Sounds obvious but it is true and this is important.
3) Read Alan Carr's book to realise that the physical addiction to nicotine is small.
4) Exercise more - at least 2/3 months before quit day