Hi everyone, yesterday my dear friend (who was due 3.5 weeks after me- May next year) phoned me to say that she'd had some bleeding the night before and having gone into hospital yesterday she was told that there was no heartbeat. From the size of the embryo,this happened about a week ago when she was about 7.5 weeks pregnant. She has now been told that she has two options: to wait for the baby to naturally abort; or to go under general anaesthetic and have it removed. She is really scared of general anaesthetic so they've said she can have up to 2 weeks waiting. I spoke to her this morning and she's still feeling all the symptoms of pregnancy, sore boobs, nausea etc although her baby has died. Is it not possible for her to take something to speed up the miscarriage? Does anyone know anything about this or have any words of advice? This would have been her third child, she has an 8 and 10 year old and I don't think she's worried for future pregnancies at this point, just how long she may have to wait for this one to finish ending, if you see what I mean. Thanks for reading, any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.