36 weeks tomorrow!

So I cant contain my excitement any longer & have decided to post a little blog :).

Tomorrow I will be 36 weeks pregnant and I must say im not sure how I feel. I am so relieved to have made it to this stage as my first pregnancy I laboured at 31 weeks! My son, Mason had a hard time in NICU for 5 weeks and he now suffers from multiple medical conditions, he is my little hero.

When I found out I was pregnant back last year, the first thing that came into my mind was getting by 31 weeks, I have achieved that & more! My biggest goal for this pregnancy is getting to see & hold my precious baby after birth, I really hope everything continues to go smoothly and I get this opportunity, I need that skin to skin that I sadly missed out on with little Mason.

I have also decided to try breast feeding this time, which I am really nervous about! I did express milk for Mason after 10 days of birth, but by this time it was too late & I couldn't keep up with him and eventually my milk dried up, but that 6 days of milk that he got from me is when he improved most! I feel I owe it to this baby to try harder, I wish I knew then what I do now.

I have SPD which is getting worse and the fact that Mason is not mobile at 2 years old is not so easy with a massive bump!

We choose not to find out the sex, so that is something else we are really excited about! I am mostly organised, except from my washing cupboard. If I go into labour before I have gutted that cupboard im afraid I will be in there having contractions and tidying it out at the same time.

Im so excited for labour and to meet our new little baby :D I bet I go overdue this time ;).

7 Replies

• Hi!

You're due at almost the same time as me! (I was 36 weeks yesterday). Gosh, you must have been relieved to get over the 31 week mark. I am also planning to try breast feeding, but I've had friends who, like you, had problems on the supply front. The whole thing doesn't sound easy! We are having a boy. Your reference to the washing cupboard reminded me that we need to wash all his clothes etc this weekend, just in case! All the best xx

• Good luck, not long to go now x. X

• Ah hope it all goes how u want it too xx

• Ah congratulations bet you are so excited to meet your little one.

I am going to give breast feeding a go too but like you are abit nervous about it working as my first time trying it was not successful and I didn't even get a chance with my 2nd as I had to go down to surgery after I had him and was gone for a while so my husband had already given him a bottle on the ward but I was relieved actually as it was a traumatic delivery and day. Good luck it will fly by now, just look after yourself.

• Orrr that's great uv made it past 31 weeks iv got my fingers and toes crossed for you that you get the delivery you want! :)

• HOORAY 36 weeks!!! You did it!!

I am hoping the same for you and me.... lovely labours which end in immediate skin to skin and celebration (no special care!!!)

• thank you everyone! hope all goes well :) xxx

You may also like...