About - Living with Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) | HealthUnlocked
About Living with Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)
The CHEST Foundation is the patient-focused philanthropic arm for the American College of Chest Physicians. Our mission is to champion lung health by supporting clinical research, community service, and patient education. We’re dedicated to helping you better understand your condition and the treatment options available.
When it comes to crushing lung disease, we all have to work together. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become the bridge builders between patients, their caregivers, and the health-care professionals who treat them. From educational resources to community support, your journey toward better lung health starts here.
The CHEST Foundation Community on HealthUnlocked serves as a safe space for patients diagnosed with interstitial lung disease and individuals affected by ILD. Whether you are an individual who has been diagnosed, a care-partner, family member, or friend, we hope this community is a safe and supportive place for you to share your experiences and find information and support.
- Be kind, respectful, and understanding of one another
- Actively listen & have in mind that everyone deals with their own private challenges
- Post from your own experience
- "For me, this worked..." rather than "You should do this..."
- This is a space for peer to peer and emotional support
- The community does not replace the relationship or advice given by your healthcare professional
- Provide your sources of information
- Use well-known sources of information and add the URL to your reply or post
- No political content
- Let's focus on individual health experiences
- This community should not be used for commercial or personal promotion
- No selling, no fundraising, no spam