Healthy Eating
29,367 members • 3,769 posts

Baked chilli veggie in cheese 🧀 with roast sweet and white potatoes 🍠

Baked chilli veggie in cheese 🧀 with roast sweet and white potatoes 🍠

Hi folks, when I go in my local veg shops I'm really open minded and buy lots of seasonal veg, so today I wanted broccoli as I love that in baked in cheese and also bought courgette, and sugar snaps. I already had mushrooms, red onions, mushrooms and a bag of mixed chillies. So thats what's in this bake and if you go easy with the chillies they can be warming without being seriously hot 🔥 The cheese sauce is just a cheese béchamel sauce made with strong cheddar🧀

So here's a picture and if anyone would like to share what they have for their tea tonight then please do, we know Zest is having her lovely casserole...

And enjoy your evening everyone😊

23 Replies
oldest • newest

This sounds really great! I love broccoli.😀

For dinner tonight, I will have hummus, salad with cherry 🍅, lentil soup and a Greek yogurt on the side with gluten free crackers.

1 like

Thank you, humus is great and that sounds really nice and healthy so I hope you enjoy it. 😊

1 like

It is very healthy!

1 like

Another fab meal, Jerry !

It looks delicious! :)

2 likes

Hey thanks Mel 🙂

2 likes

Wow Jerry - Your Bake looks wonderful.

Zest :-)

2 likes

Good morning zest and thank you,

Jerry😊

1 like

Hi Jerry

I could eat that now, it looks amazing and just the kind of food I really enjoy.

Alicia :)

1 like

Wow ! That looks LUSH. i need to eat like this and stop the sugar craving at night as i have been told off by my liver consultant 🙄. Have mobility issues does not help .

1 like

Thank you Millie, it must be difficult having mobility issues, so poor you,

Jerry 😊

1 like

No it does not help at all ...😏

1 like

How are you feeling today, Millie09?

1 like

Im not too bad thank you AcTivity2004. Just frustrated as i always used to be able to cook fresh healthy meals as i have to have a low salt diet. But since diagnosed with late stage osteipena of the hip and an increase in bone sclerosis i am now restricted. I have been waiting weeks for occ therapist to assess my home . Thank you for asking 😊

1 like

When is the assessment of the house scheduled ?

1 like

No idea ? I did call surgery and left a message for my dr on monday but not heard back . I have two MRI scans soon on my back and hip .plus i have a full nerve conduction test next Thursday at QE HOSPITAL BIRMINGHAM. suppose its just a matter of waiting

looks lovely and reminded me of moussaka that i havent made in 2 years. funny as used to make it every month.

1 like

Thank you March, 😊

1 like

Looks delicious I’ve never thought of doing that for a veg chili

1 like

Hey thanks, and this is why we do it so its great to get a positive response 😊

Oh god sounds amazing I am a veggie always looking for something different

1 like

How many calories do you think it is a portion

1 like

Thanks dish70 and I'm sorry but I don't how many calories in a portion and it would depend how big the portion is LOL. 😊

Oh yes never thot 😂

1 like

You may also like...