Jaw Cyst Solutions

Hiya all!

Im obviously new to this site, nevertheless Im happy to see someone has created such a site for those of us who have this syndrome. So with that in mind I would like to find out what people in a similar situation to myself have done in regards to replacement teeth.

I suffered quite bad I suppose to jaw cysts when I was a kid and have lived fairly well with the consequences. Since turning 20 I have had fewer jaw cysts. But the problem still remains and now aged 25, I would like to fix my smile! I have had Maryland bridges suggested to me as a alternative to implants (implants are not feasable with this syndrome!).

Is there anyone else who has had this problem? Or has anyone found a plausible answer?

I cannot adapt to dentures so if it turns out I cant have maryland bridges, I may have to find something else! :(

Thank you.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

I know a couple of individuals who have opted for this procedure because of similar problems you are experiencing, they have been delighted with the results. I don't have information about the cost of the procedure but a word of caution - should you develop another/other jaw cysts (I hope you don't) may result in the bridge having to be replaced, thus incurring additional charges.

• Hiya,

Yeah, we're not worried about the cost and we have done our research. I think its the best semi permanent procedure for me. And we know that if I do get another cyst (touch wood I wont!) the bridges can be removed and reattached after treatment. We arent worried about the additional costs. Thank you for your reply.