Epilepsy Research UK
1,847 members539 posts

My epilepsy surgery

My epilepsy surgery

Hello everybody i havent written a post in a long time so here goes i had epilepsy surgery in december 2013 and i have had the best time of my life i have been completely seizure free since then and not even a hint that i was ever epileptic and you cant even see the scar even though it had 36 staples in it i feel absolutely fantastic this is what i remember life being like before so much so i decided to take up weightlifting something i wouldnt have done before i am having the time of my life this is me five days after surgery 😊

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Do you control your carbohydrate intake to prevent a recurrence?

Nope i just try to eat healthy as i am diabetic also me having seizures had nothing to do with anything just that i had a brain infection caused by my thyroid hashimotos encephalitis

What do you consider healthy eating?

Low fat low sugar low salt and the odd treat and plenty exercise well its worked for me i have lost 5 stone and gained muscle for me it has to be the low sugar first then the low fat then the salt as sugar turns to fat 😊

That's true, and starch is a string of glucose molecules.

Too much protein is also easily turned to glucose.

And fructose suppresses the immune system.

All the best jules1973!

1 like

Did you see the photos i posted of my brain surgery 😊

You seem to have made an impressive recovery.

That i have its all been worthwhile having the surgery and being a complete mess for 4 months i was even back at work 5 months later

You may also like...