Has anyone experienced the following ?

I have autonomic and peripheral neuropathy and almost everyday I experience the following : i feel like I am completely drunk (but I don't drink and haven't for over 20 years) and I get to the point where I cant stay awake, I feel like I am so drunk I am just about to pass out...I usually fall asleep for a couple hours. My doctor has no idea what it is so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this ? If so what is it and is there anything you can do for it?

4 Replies

• Hi

I have diabetic neuropathy myself... It's not easy...

It almost sounds like you're going into including shock... Are you on insulin?

Perhaps your body is producing extra insulin?

I know someone who does that... It's kinda the opposite of diabetes! ... She gets cranky and irritable , and when I get insulin shock my blood sugar goes low and the acetone the body produces makes you feel intoxicated!

Check you're blood sugar when it happens!

• How can you check for extra insulin? I'd do it but it's not safe.

• Thanks for your reply Palomineo...I have checked my sugar during a number of these spells and my levels are always very well, usually between 4.5 and 6. It seems to be caused by something else.

• I have both. One is othrostatic hypo heart.. and hyper as well. I pass out from low BP and it my heart beat is too fast especially when I am reclining. Sometimes my BP soars. It's not fair.. it's nearly impossible to treat me. I am taking meds up to 5 times a day without a lot of success. I did stop passing out but I always feel like I will. I must move slowly and get up very slowly. It came on fast. Neuropathy used to make me sleep like that. I can't sleep anymore. My clock is all messed up. I sleep 10 mins up to 40 mins a night and my body says no more. I don't know how that is. My body is functioning. I walk drunk. The medicines that I take for it make me uncoordinated. I am thirsty. I take 19 pills, an infusion, 2 injections daily in hopes that it will go away but no luck yet. I have another EMG coming up in Sept. I won't want to even see that one. I've had some "attacks on my nerves" since. . I am hurting very much because of all of this. mostly physically - then close enough financially. I tried so many things to remedy this. Can anyone help us? Mayo has reached out to try to help. Nothing has been successful o far.

You may also like...