Waiting to Exhale

Besides all the wonderful side effects and surprises Hepatitis C and Cirrhosis produce, I was wondering if anyone else is having any lung problems ( I never smoked cigarettes ) The x-rays showed My liver is swollen to the point that it is making it impossible to exhale correctly. The pulmonary dr said I tanked the spirometer test ( I made a 70% in my mind I passed by a point ) but the good news no COPD or asthma or cancer/ emphysema etc... I am waiting for my nebulizer an medications which probably will help for several hours at a time. All though I have to say this not breathing properly does suck it's not the worst feeling /side effect yet.

Dwight Lee 🤠

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have your docs mentioned or investigated for Hepato Pulmonary Syndrome ? - yet another wonderful side effect of cirrhosis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepat...

Hope they get you comfortable soon.

Katie

• Thank you, in reading your link we did discuss that right up to the point of my oxygen levels which are "on the low side but clinically normal by a point " the plan has been to use the inhaler with steroids but I since I didn't get any relief after 6 months we are going to begin breathing treatments with the nebulizer . Even with HE to use steroids and breathe or not was a simple choice for me. I have all the other symptoms for Hepato Pulmonary so with that added to the growing list of marvelous side effects I can't wait for what's next.

• My OH has been diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension, he becomes breathless with exertion, but ok when resting. Caused by portal hypertension, this was discovered during transplant assessment tests.

You may also like...