Hi all, I've wrote before saying I had food poisoning etc from going to an Indian restaurant three weeks ago, I went yellow, so went off th EAU - who ran all sorts of blood tests, etc and they said I had viral HEPITITIS, due the food poisoning. But they were doing Pacific blood tests and I had an ultrasound scan the next day.
WELL, a Dr from the hospital rang, this afternoon to say that I had HEPITITIS A - due to the food poisoning, and they would be contacting the public health department, and I asked about the scan results, which he said, it had showed my liver was inflamed, and when I go next week to the outpatients clinic for more bloods, they would sort out an mri scan!! He asked how I was feeling, etc which I said fine, but my husband wasn't feeling well, and he said they didn't know if he had caught something off me and we have to go tomorrow for blood tests for him, in case he has caught it off me, sexually.
I just hope that it hasn't done a lot of damage to my liver! I haven't had a drink since that night and I am eating healthy, as I'm trying to lose the ten pounds, I put on during a holiday in March.
Has anyone else had HEPITITIS A, as the doctors said it's quite rare, but it does work it's own way out, but can take upto six months! But it might have caused damage to my liver.