Am I pregnant?

Hi,

I had a period on the 8th Jan and it finished on the 13th Jan. My periods are usually every 21 days sometimes 28 days.

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 15th Jan, 22nd Jan and again on the 30th Jan.

My period is usually here by now but has yet to appear.

Lately I am more tired and have constant headaches. I do not have any of the other typical pregnancy symptoms.

I have taken a pregnancy test already which has come back negative.

Should I wait another week or 3 weeks from my last unprotected sex to take the test again? (If my period doesn't come).

Thanks.

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh I did forget to add that I am having cramps and currently have the flu.

• for future I would advise downloading the clue app to track ur cycle

it might have been too early to take the test the first time

but you may not be pregnant - stress can delay your period but if you are between every 21-28 days then it should be due this week

I wouldn't wait 3 weeks till after ur unprotected sex, I would take one this weekend as thats likely when ur period is due and if you still have worries speak to your gp or a family planning/sexual health clinic

the headaches and cramps could be due to the flu - similarly the tiredness (that's how I currently feel and im not pregnant!)

• Thank you for your reply. I don't feel stressed, but I will definitely do one over the weekend if anything. Much appreciated :)

• No problem :) are you trying to get pregnant? Ignore me if you don't want to answer

• We werent trying to this year and said we would next year after our wedding, but sometimes things don't go to plan and protection isn't used which is silly 🙈

• whens your wedding? :)

and we've all been there with not using protection and worrying when ur period isn't on time

tho for me until I started tracking I kept worrying for the wrong date lol and worrying and stress at work makes me late too

• Next year March. Super excited!

My period is always on time which is why I question if I am actually pregnant. If I am I would be happy if not then we will try next year like planned.

Part of me wishes that I am pregnant and its not all in my head lol. My period was meant to be due today. If it doesn't come by the weekend then I will take a test again like advised.

• March is a nice time for a wedding :)

if your not pregnant I would advise to use protection between jun - jan so that your not either about to give birth on your wedding day or showing a big bump on the day lol

• Lol... can't have a baby upstage me on my wedding day. Condoms is it from now on. The other conception I was on made me put on weight in the last 6 years. Managed to lose 2 stones so 1 stone away from my target. Yay!

• I was the same! I got the implant and 4stone later and a very crankier 3 years later its gone and managing to lose weight

good luck on the weight loss!

• Thank you very much. Good luck on yours too. I will keep you updated on my results on the weekend or if my period comes before that :)

• Hi there

I would buy a pregnancy test and take it at the weekend as that will have been three weeks since you first had unprotected sex.

Best wishes

Katherine

• Thank you very much for your reply. Much appreciated :)

You may also like...