Have now had an appointment with Cons... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation
41,721 members47,965 posts

Have now had an appointment with Consultant re diagnosis of IPF

kibera
kibera
2 Replies

I had an appointment earlier this week and have to have more detailed lung function tests and a CT scan. The X-rays were explained to me, they didn't show much more scaring on the second X-ray but they were only five weeks apart, I have fibrosis at the base of both lungs, more on the left lung. It is also thought I may have a heart valve problem contributing to my breathlessness so I am being referring to the cardiology department; this isn't a surprise, as I was told I had unusual heart sounds many years ago. My GP had thought my breathlessness was due to a heart problem and referred me to the cardiology department in June, but the referral was refused as the blood tests did not show a problem; the consultant who I saw this week said a heart valve problem was unlikely to show up by blood tests. My lung problem was discovered when I was in hospital as an emergency in July due to severe abdominal pain and had a CT scan which showed part of my lungs.

2 Replies
oldestnewest
HungryHufflepuff

What a nightmare for you. Thankfully you're getting the relevant tests now, hopefully it will soon lead to a treatment that will improve things for you 🤞

pegbl

Things don't seem to be going to well for at the moment but it's good they found the lung problem before it got worse . I hope things can be sorted for you when all the tests are done. Take care Xxx Peg

You may also like...