British Lung Foundation

Gloucestershire Respiratory Exercise classes

Gloucestershire Respiratory Exercise classes

Hi everyone, just to let you know that there is a Facebook page called Gloucestershire Respiratory Exercise if you fancy joining ?

The page supports all of us in Gloucestershire who are interested in getting off our bottoms and support each other in getting and keeping fit.

It is a closed group on Facebook so that we will feel freer in saying what is on our minds or questions we want to ask.

The page began supporting those who attend the Gloucester classes but the page is open to anyone with Lung Disease across the county.

I can't add a link because it is a closed group but if you would like to access the page then access via Facebook and request to join.

Have a good day folks 😊

7 Replies

Hi Polly 😁

Would I be correct in guessing this is held during work days/times?

1 like

Afraid so Frose 😕. Wednesday 11-12, Friday 1-2pm, Monday time TBC in near future I believe. £2 - bargain!

PollyP introduced me to it and I'm very grateful 😃.... The tutor keeps plenty of hand gel and wipes to clean equipment between each use 😷

1 like

Actually, I don't work Fridays!

1 like

That is terrific news Fern, !!!

If you would like to join us then I will send you Alex, the instructors mob no and if you give him a call.... I think I have a referral form which you will need your GP to complete bring with you.

If you like to let me have your email by pm then I will look out the referral form for you.

Much love,

Polly x

See PM 😊 x

I live in Cheltenham and was referred by my doctor a year ago and have heard nothing since. Do you know if there are classes in Cheltenham?

Hello puppy lover,

Oh yes there is a Respiratory Exercise class in Cheltenham! A small one !

Do you mean Pulmonary Rehab or Respiratory Exercise though ? I know the Pulmonary Rehab course often has a 6 month waiting list.

I attend the Respiratory Exercise class in Cheltenham at the Leisure Centre in Tommy Taylor's Lane alternate weeks.

You will need a referral form I can ask the instructor this week where to get them from?

I got mine from the Community Respiratory Team who were seeing me at the time.

You are also welcome to join our classes in Gloucester- lots more people, 26 on the register 😊

Again a referral form will be needed to be completed by your doctor or practice nurse. I can let you know how to get one.

Let me know if I can help more.

Best wishes,

You may also like...