I'm chuffed!

Yesterday we went for a walk around a garden centre that has a small nature walk as well as all the usual stuff. The walk started off downhill and my husband asked if I would be alright getting back up. I decided to try it - if you don't try, you don't know. I was delighted to find that I could do it with minimal huffing and puffing and only a couple of coughs. True, I was very slow, but I made it and had the energy left to carry on walking around the garden centre. A few months ago, after a year of recurring infections, I could hardly walk anywhere, let alone up hills! I'm so chuffed.

18 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done MoyB just goes to show what you can do. Keep up the good work. Xxxx

• Great news MoyB. Well done you! How lovely to hear something positive. I think we're all guilty of avoidance sometimes. Just shows you, it's worth having a go! XXX

• Hello MoyB . Oh I am sooo pleased for you. Congratulations !! Well done!

Cas xx ❤🌷❤

• Thank you for your positive comments!

• That really is good news MoyB and a big achievement too.

• Congratulations Moy. Just shows progression doesn't only have to be in one direction. :)

• Very true!

• Well Done just shows you can bring yourself up.

• Of course you are entitled to feel chuffed for any improvement, uphill is the most difficult, well done 😊

• I haven't been able to manage uphill for a couple of years. I don't know what's caused the improvement except I haven't had an infection since November. It's been a very positive time for me and I appreciate all your encouragement.

• Well done! We had a bridge near where I work I it was a big mental hurdle to me. The day I got over it without having to rest on the way up was such a great sense of achievement. x

• It's the best feeling, isn't it?! Well done for getting over the bridge!!

• That's great news makes you feel so good a step forwards instead of back, hope you continue to do well will make you stronger all round. 😃

• Thank you! xx

• Well done no wonder you are chuffed

• That's fantastic, so pleased for you! You must've been on cloud nine. And the more exercise you take, the fewer infections you'll get. It's win-win 😊

• I couldn't agree more! It's so nice to feel I can take the exercise without coughing my heart out. Fingers crossed it will continue. Hope you are well too. xx

• Well done, shows how important it is for us to try to keep moving.

You may also like...