Show me yours

H its Steve, I am hoping to buy a lever drive propulsion system for the manual wheelchair. The one I am looking at is called nudrive, its available from a company in Wiltshire called Gleve Mobility. Unfortunately it is very expensive, so before I apply for an equipment grant I would like to see one and try one. I live in Manchester but am willing to travel anywhere around the North West. If anybody has any clues for me please will you let me know.

Thank you.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • There is a company that sells wheelchairs for outdoor and woods. Like a wheelchair dirt-bike. They use the same lever action as the nu-drive. They are also very expensive but they have a system where you can hire one for a short time to try it out. This might be something for you to try out the lever action. Below are their details:

Mountain Trike

The All Terrain Wheelchair Company

The Mountain Trike CompanyWybunbury RoadWalghertonCheshireCW5 7NGUnited Kingdom

info@mountaintrike.co.uk

Tel: +44 (0) 1270 842616

Sales and Hire requests

Call Lucy on +44 (0) 7568 110006

You could also contact the people of the mobility road-show. They might know of something.

mobilityroadshow.co.uk

Once you have this nu-drive I hope to hear from you if it is indeed easier to move forward with levers on a manual wheelchair than pushing the wheels.

• Thanks this is of help.

• I bought some nudrive levers but couldn't get on with them, got them from Murrays Pharmacy in Ireland for a much lower cost than the new updated version. the company that made them went under and a Danish company bought them out, tidied up the design and now sell for 4 times the price.

You need good upper body strength and to be aware that they only help going forwards, take a look at the youtube videos on the 'how to' for each of the skills.

Hope this helps

You may also like...