Docs appointment

Hi all, I finally had my doc's appointment. She asked my how the 'tremors' were and so I asked her for a pen and piece of paper and tried to sign my name. She had never seen anything like that before and her immediate reaction was to refer me to a neurologist. I'm now kicking myself....why didn't I show her before instead of trying to describe it??? Oh well, at least things are moving forward at last.

The only trouble is I could be waiting months for an appointment. Can anyone tell me the average waiting time?

Enjoying the sun, it hasn't half lifted my mood, happy days!!

4 Replies

• Again, another example of GPs ´ ignorance - you can´t blame them though

• My first visit too a neurologist was diagnosed with Parkinson's and was given medication Azilcet for 3 months with no improvement, i asked for a 2nd opinion and she diagnosed with Ataxia, very similar i dont think they can be very sure

• That's interesting, my Grandmother had Parkinson's and I'm wondering whether it actually was that or Ataxia. She also had RA which I've got now....

• At least you have started the process. I didn't get diagnosed for FIFTY years... It was only when my physiotherapist told me what to say to my doctor that I was referred.

If you haven't heard about an appointment after a few weeks then go back to your doctor. It's your health so don't feel embarrassed by chasing this.

You may also like...