Gerd symptoms after prednisone course - Asthma UK communi...

Asthma UK community forum
15,645 members20,368 posts

Gerd symptoms after prednisone course

Polzovatel
Polzovatel

Hi

I finished my last prednisone burst about a month ago and shortly after that started feeling nauseous throughout the day and getting stomach aches- worse when lying down.

Just wondering if these are reflux symptoms caused by prednisone.

if you have asthma and reflux - what are your reflux symptoms and what investigations did you have for reflux?

Thanks

2 Replies
oldestnewest
EmmaF91
EmmaF91Community Ambassador

Hi

Reflux can be a side effect of prednisolone, especially if you’ve had mild reflux previously.

Personally I don’t think mine was from pred directly but caused by omeprazole that I was given as a preventative for reflux 🙄. Also be away that reflux can make asthma symptoms worse!

I get nausea and mild reflux (no heart burn tho), didn’t get any investigations, and I’m now on ranitidine which seems to keep it mostly at bay. I also take enteric coated pred as I’m on it as long term maintenance. If it’s bad I change what and when I’m eating and sleep on a slight slope.

Hope that helps but definitely worth going back to the GP and letting them know!

I had camera down my throat, omeprozole then months later carted off to A&E with the pain to discover I had gallstones. Had the gall bladder out - no probs.

You may also like...