I'm seeing the asthma nurse tonorrow after seeing the GP the other week for an asthma exacerbation. She decided that due to the fact I wasn't wheezing and my sats were 100%, I didn't need oral steroids and that increasing my preventer would be enough. Despite this increase, my symptoms are still the same if not worse, I'm now waking during the night with chest tightness and struggling to get much air in or out. I'm short of breath and my peak flow is around 65% of best. I'm using ventolin 3- 4 times a day, but think that actually I'm probably underusing it, however, it does work when I use it, and mostly lasts at least 4 hours.
I want to tactfully get the point to the asthma nurse, that just because I'm not wheezing, doesn't mean I'm ok, nor does lack of physical symptoms at that point, not mean that I wasn't struggling a few hours ago or won't be in the middle of the night. (Yes, I know, she should know this!)
I also want to set up an action plan so I can get on top of it sooner, rather than it bubble of for so long like this has.
Any advice? I'm not very good at being forceful especially when I'm not feeling 100%