Changing symptoms

Does anyone else get a tickly cough as their first symptom?

I never used to, but the high pollen count seems to have started this off. Yesterday evening it developed into the usual tightness and today have been breathless and had a more productive cough. Don't seem to be getting a cold though. I've never been woken up by a tickly cough before! Was twice last night.

Problem is other people don't recognise this as an asthma symptom - I have a hard enough time convincing people that the chesty cough is asthma. My mum and a friend are asthmatic and still don't understand. I hadn't noticed it was affecting me until yesterday when I went to bed at 8.30!

4 Replies

• Maybe you have some post nasal drip from allergies which is both causing the tickley cough and irritating your lungs to cause an asthma flare?

• Think you're probably right Beth. Think it was the start of a pollen reaction as I now have an on/off chesty cough. Have been waking up at night with it but otherwise not too bad so hoping it stays at a manageable level.

• Hope things clear up soon or at least stay manageable. Take care.

• Had quite a sudden pollen reaction earlier which is unusual for me as usually my ymptoms build up gradually rather than having sudden attacks. I guess I'm just going through an odd stage where my reactions to things change, which does seem to happen after a while.

You may also like...