powered bicycles

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my new find with you all. I have brittle asthma like many of you guys. I desaturate when I walk so have to use a wheelchair mostly outdoors. I have regular physio to try and improve the distance I can walk safely, but have been getting more frustrated relying on others to push me in my wheelchair. Until that is I found my bike. Its fab, it is a powered bike and so I don't have to pedal. It will do about 10 miles (then needs charging) without me pedalling at all. I am so chuffed with it, as it looks so 'normal'. It is like a mountain bike and unlike my wheelchair doesn't look 'disabled'. I have a new found freedom and independence. I showed a video clip to my respiratory consultant and he suggested I wrote to asthma uk. I thought I would post a message instead. The website to look at is poweredbicyles.co.uk. I am NOT a sales rep, just a brittle asthmatic who wants others to benefit.

6 Replies

• I fully believe you're not a rep for them; if you were, you'd have spelled the web address correctly ;)

It's poweredbicycles.co.uk - note the extra 'c'!

• I see many people around on those little bikes and am all for anything that gives folk a better quality of life and fun at the same time!!!

Happy biking!

• Thanks Peaksteve for the correction, made me smile!

• I live in a very hilly area and one of my GP's has a powered bike to do his visits. That way he doesn't arrive at the patient all hot and sweaty but feels its more environmentally friendly than his car.

• Hello Lou, which one do you have? I quite fancy terrifying the natives with one :)

• Hi Bex,

Mine is called IZIP. The wheel size is 24"" as the one initially delivered was too big! If at all possible its worth test driving/riding as they are all quite different. If you are near Nottingham the guy I bought mine from was really helpful.Good Luck...

You may also like...