Hi I am new here but not new to asthma. I have 4 boys, 9, 7, 4 and 20 months, 3 of whom have asthma.

My 4 year old suffers the worst and has had numerous admissions for asthma and chest infections, they never seem sure which it is. He is on seritide 125 2 puffs morning and night, monteluecast granules and often has the steroid tablets.

He spent christmas in hospital again with viral pneumonia/asthma and is now on steroids for a week. In June he had Kawazaki disease which is treated with intravenous immunoglobulin which has given us the best 6 months with his asthma yet, but now the effects of this have worn off and I feel we are back to being uncontrolled.

I am so worried about his lungs being permenently damaged with all the infections, can this happen? Anyway, that was an introduction because I intend on posting on these boards now.

Becky.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • becky97

welcome to the boards, im sorry i cant really answer your question,but others might.

I hope that this year will be better for your sons, its a nightmare when the kids are poorly, out of my 3 only 1 is asthmatic and a constant worry so i feel for you with 3 out of 4 asthmatic.

Although i had frequent infections as a child i dont think that it did any lasting damage, i only became severe after having blood clots on my lungs.

Keep us posted as to how things are.

• Hi Becky, welcome to the boards. Sorry to hear your son spent xmas in hospital, is so difficult to keep normaility going for other kids isnt it. I have a son aged 11 who has difficult asthma, at times i feel like rabbit in headlights dealing with him so i really admire you coping with 3 asthmatic kids. In answer to your question I've been told that repeated infection can cause scarring to lung but i dont know how much of a problem this would be. My sons xrays always have a bit of consilidation and cobwebs as i call them but not sure if this is due to damage or gunk.

Hope you son continues to recover.

julie

You may also like...