Lost an equaintance two days ago here... - Lung Conditions C...

Lung Conditions Community Forum

51,642 members โ€ข 62,289 posts

Lost an equaintance two days ago here in Greece basically same scenario as myself so had a quiet couple of days

Daveyboy1963 profile image
Daveyboy1963
โ€ข79 Replies

Tonight's finally finished ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

79 Replies
โ€ข

Very sorry to hear your sad news Dave. It hits home doesnโ€™t it. Another lovely photo. Take care xxx๐Ÿ’™

Daveyboy1963 in reply to sassy59

Your not wrong there it gives you the wake up call .he's resting peacefully now and without any problems .

sassy59 profile image
sassy59 in reply to Daveyboy1963

๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Daveyboy1963 in reply to sassy59

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ž

Damon1864 profile image
Damon1864Volunteer

So sorry to hear about your friend Dave,may they R.I.P. but thank you for another beautiful photo have a good night and take care ๐Ÿ˜Š Bernadette and Jack ๐Ÿ• xxxxxx ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

I didn't know him for long, we were introduced because we were going through the same stuff and both isolated in different ways he passed away after two bad days I hope he is at peace and without pain . It brings a lot home so took some time to digest it . Glad you like the picture ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sorry for your loss Davey. Always upsetting. Keep your chin up chuck.

I keep on ticking. Reality kinda stinks though ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

I know life can stink but you have to look for the positives. Not easy sometimes but the alternative is to let the bad times override the good. And you don't want that. Tomorrow is another day. Sleep tight.

I know what you are saying but sometimes reality bites hard and it's not so easy seeing any positives. Like you said tomorrow is another day. Hope tomorrow is a better one for us all.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

A nice coffee in your favourite cafe or something stronger maybe ๐Ÿ˜‹.

You know me so well ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜‚No I just know what I would do๐Ÿคฃ

So great minds think alike ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ right time to hit the pillow good night hoping tomorrow morning bring better time's

Sometimes losing an acquaintance is harder than losing an established friend because there was more to know and unknown conversations to be had . I have lost new acquaintances usually those waiting for a transplant. It has always been abrupt and yet the short conversations we did have continue to linger in my mind. I am sorry for your loss. Beautiful picture. ๐Ÿ™‚

The hard part for me is knowing our cases were almost identical and then to see just how quickly it can all turn around.

I understand that. So remain grateful for every day. ๐ŸŒท

I take each day as it comes including its challenges.

Well said, Casppy.

โค๏ธ

Please... accept my heartfelt sympathy. I was somewhat worried about you because you had not posted any of your beautiful pictures for a few days. I pray that tomorrow brings you a beautiful sunrise and a calm day. Take care and raise a glass to your friend.โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Daveyboy1963 in reply to Solily

Thank you , I just stepped away from things for a couple of days to get a grip on things . I'm back now and yes will be raising a glass or two.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Sorry to hear that-itโ€™s always upsetting isnโ€™t it. Love the photo. Take care ๐ŸŒท

Will do thanks .

That's very sad news davey,I hope you keep enjoying your views and definitely keep sending the photos from Greece please x

Will do. I actually bought a camera ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ don't have to keep using my phone now ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Brilliant ๐Ÿ‘

Hopefully this coming week I'm going to get a friend of mine to pop me around different parts of the island and get some real pictures. I'll give you guys a virtual tour of the island ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Fabulous

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Sorry to hear you've lost someone who meant a lot to you, even though you didn't know them that well. Big virtual ((((hugs)))).Thanks for the lovely photo.

Daveyboy1963 in reply to Ergendl

Yes I was just getting to know him his condition was bad but unfortunately took a really bad turn hopefully he's found his peace now.

Losing someone you know is often a wake up call. My daughterโ€™s partner had a heart attack and died in December, aged 31, and itโ€™s made us all think about how quickly life can change.

CDPO16 profile image
CDPO16 in reply to helenlw7

Sorry to learn of your daughter's loss Helen. Condolences to you all xx

helenlw7 profile image
helenlw7 in reply to CDPO16

Thanks

watergazer profile image
watergazer in reply to CDPO16

Sorry to hear that. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— to your family x

CDPO16 profile image
CDPO16 in reply to watergazer

I think you meant this for Helen

watergazer profile image
watergazer in reply to CDPO16

Yes. X

sassy59 profile image
sassy59 in reply to helenlw7

So sorry to hear that Helen. Condolences to all. Such a young life too, makes you think. Xxx๐Ÿ’™

helenlw7 profile image
helenlw7 in reply to sassy59

It really does!

It makes you realise how time can go quickly and regardless to age

It really does. He was as much a part of our family as my mum was and had so much to live for. My mum had given up on life las October but wasnโ€™t allowed peace until February this year.

Same with my stepfather he gave up after losing my mum , but he's finally found peace it just leaves a hole in my life because I'm here no possibility of returning to the UK but if I did by some miracle I would have bigger problems with housing and health. I will see my days out here but totally alone as I have no family around me .

Sorry to hear this Dave. Thinking of you, sending condolences and belated condolences on the loss of your stepfather. Wishing you well xx

Daveyboy1963 in reply to CDPO16

Thank you ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

I wondered why you were quiet yesterday. Iโ€™m so sorry about your friend. It brings it home how fragile life is doesnโ€™t it. Nice to see you back.

Daveyboy1963 in reply to Mavary

I'm never far away ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thatโ€™s a really nice photo Davey. Sorry about your sad news ๐Ÿ™

It happens eventually ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ thank you for your support

Sorry to hear your news Davey x

Daveyboy1963 in reply to Izb1

Thank you ๐Ÿ’“

Sorry to hear this Davey. I hope you're ok. xx

Daveyboy1963 in reply to leo60

I'm ok just opens your eyes to what is coming ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

leo60 profile image
leo60 in reply to Daveyboy1963

I think my thoughts would be that his last exit was quite quick and I would certainly wish that for myself ๐Ÿ˜˜ Live every day to the full and regret nothing :) :) xx

The thing that hit me I was informed by a father who knew him and myself, apparently he spent two days on respirator then he passed away alone . Not a nice way to go really being alone. And unfortunately I'm alone here so facing the same scenario. But I take each day as it comes .

leo60 profile image

Yeah, I get that, very sad. Each day as it comes xx

Hey I'm like a cheap Japanese watch I take a licking and keep on ticking well I tell myself that ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚xx

leo60 profile image

XxI can equate with that ๐Ÿ˜ŠApart from the โ€œcheap โ€œ bit of course!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

If I got any cheaper I would be given away I couldn't even be a prize in a raffle ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Sorry Dave for another loss! ๐Ÿ˜ข Itโ€™s a hard time youโ€™re going through!

Beautiful colours again!

Well they always say things come in threes so !!! Yes love the change in colour each time never the same thing ๐Ÿ˜‚

Sorry to hear that Dave. Take care x

Thank you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

So sorry to hear about your friend Daveyboy1963. It is never easy when something like this happens, particularly when we can relate to how things can be on our darkest days.

Beautiful photograph.

Do take care of yourself ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

I try every day !!! Just when you think you can turn a corner something else steps up . But I've learnt to wear my mask and put on a happy face ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“

Honestly, that is the only thing all of us can do to get through this.

Keep strong and positive ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’™

I try each day ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

my condolences dave. i do love the photo.Look after yourself -take care

Thank you and glad you like it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

oh yes for sure

My condolences, Dave. Great photo of the sun dancing on the water as you so eloquently put it. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

๐Ÿ’•x

So sorry to hear about your new friend. xxx

So am I but it comes to us all eventually xx

Not for as long as possible, I hope. Just tell the Grim Reaper to p*** off if he comes round.

Can't be impolite to him because I'm after his job ๐Ÿ˜‚ first day of doing his job and I'll be on vacation for a few years give people an extension except for Boris Johnson Putin and a few other people in power I'll visit them first ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

If only....๐Ÿ˜‚

I know but we can but dream ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚