Welcome to life without Glycols! If you’ve just discovered you have a sensitivity or allergy to polyethylene glycol or other glycol compounds, you’ll need to learn how to find it, how to avoid it, and what alternatives there are.
This is a community where you can find resources and share your experience living a life free of glycol compounds. While it takes quite a bit of detective work and assertiveness, it is possible to live without glycols.
This community is for people with allergies or sensitivities to glycol compounds, for health care practitioners, and for anyone wanting to know about life with an allergy to ubiquitous, invisible ingredients.
▶︎ By using the community you agree to post information that is primarily drawn from your personal experience.
▶︎ By using this community you understand that information in this community is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be taken as such.
▶︎ All posts should be respectful and kind. Please report any inappropriate posts to the moderators. Abusive, malicious, or deliberately misleading posts will be deleted and the person posting will be banned.
▶︎ All are welcome here, and unkind or prejudicial remarks about anyone on the basis of their ability, age, color, creed, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status will not be tolerated.
▶︎ Start a new post for a new issue or question.
▶︎ Please choose a topic for your post from the ones below. For best results, do not start a new topic unless your post truly does not fit in the below topics.
● My Story: Tell us a bit about yourself and how you discovered your allergy
● How I Cope: Share tips for how you successfully live with your allergy to glycols
● Info for Your Doctor: Peer reviewed studies and articles you can take to your doc (contact Mods to add to this topic)
● Products: What products do you use?
● Resources: Website, tools, doctors, books - any resources that you want to share that will help others with allergies to glycols
● Surviving Surgery and Other Procedures: Colonoscopy, joint replacement, dental work, emergency room visits - share your experiences and successes
● Off Topic: Funny stuff, personal sharing, and other discussion not related to allergies