R Test Results: I saw the Cardiology... - AF Association

AF Association
19,699 members24,091 posts

R Test Results

Hidden
Hidden

I saw the Cardiology Consultant yesterday for the results of the 7 day event monitor I had last week (photo of monitor posted a few days ago).

All seems fine apart from a few brief runs of svt lasting only a few seconds, so keep taking the Flecainide & Apixaban & review in 6 months.

Part of me wishes I had asked to see the report so I could see if anything triggered the svt, but on the other hand, I feel generally well, so don’t want to over analyse. What would you do?

Pat x

5 Replies
oldestnewest
BobD
BobDVolunteer

Hit the nail on the head there Pat . Don't over think it. A leading EP once told me that if it lasts less that 30 seconds it doesn't need a name.

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to BobD

Thanks Bob, I think common sense can help to overcome some of the anxiety this condition causes.

Take care of your Harry Potter scar.

Pat x

Totally agree with Roger Moore 🤨 but intrigued to know what seeing the report would actually tell you in terms of what might have caused the SVT to occur.....

BobD
BobDVolunteer
in reply to FlapJack

Roger Moore with a black eye this morning FJ . I guess all the poking about did that. Got the bandage off so just a huge dressing now. Bring it on Voldemort.

Bagrat
Bagrat
in reply to BobD

Good for milking the sympathy Bob. Hope it all fades quickly.

You may also like...