I had a cardioversion in April it was successful for 8 days then I went back into AF.
I have just seen a cardiologist for a follow up consultation and was given 3 options.
1# stay on my medication bisoprolol 5mg and rivaroxaban 20mg and hopefully my heart will go back into sinus rhythm eventually.
2# Have another cardioversion and take amiodarone after procedure.
3# An ablation.
I chose option 2# but I am now horrified to read about the awful effects of amiodarone and I'm considering just staying on the drugs I've been on for 7 months.
Has anyone out there had these options thrown at them I don't know if I've made the right decision it was all so quick and what would you suggest I am bamboozled now?