On Mindfulness

MINDFULNESS

"Say, Pooh, why aren't you busy?" I said.

"Because it's a nice day," said Pooh.

"Yes, but..."

"Why ruin it?" he said.

"But you could be doing something Important," I said.

"I am, " said Pooh.

"Oh? Doing what?"

"Listening," he said.

"Listening to what?"

"To the birds. And that squirrel over there."

"What are they saying?" I asked.

"That it's a nice day," said Pooh.

"But you know that already," I said.

"Yes, but it's always good to hear that somebody else thinks so, too," he replied.

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Lovely, yet so few people even think of stopping and smelling the roses in life.

• love it!!!

• CDreamer: Thanks for reminding me of the joy of meeting a Pooh. And the good sense of being a Pooh. I needed that! Time to reread my Winnie-the books.

• If only I had the time . . .

• Isn't that the point? We have but we choose to litter our time with inconsequential business

• Sorry CD, I was being a little facetious. Seriously, I'm preparing for a week away to visit my grand-daughter in time for her 5th birthday, and my days are rather full. Nevertheless, I have been appreciating the tits and finches visiting our back garden in this sunny weather.

• Find the U tube video of the professor and the large jar which he fills with golf balls , then pebbles then sand and finally beer. A very good reminder of what is important in life.

• It won't be long before there will be some mainstream educational courses re-teaching the simple things in life e.g. Nature, Mindfulness, deep breathing etc for people who have been 'blindfolded' in by techy stuff.

• Thank you just so lovely to start my day

• brilliant

You may also like...